z
OP
GB
Rep:
51%
Britney Shears Salon

Meet Britney

http://glitchbox.org/stocks/Brit.jpg

She has hired you to produce a brochure for her Salon, she would like a Trifold Brochure to hand out to potential customers. Her Salon is located in downtown Sydney and there is a lot of competition, so she requires you to make her brochures stand out from the rest. Her salon has 12 stylists working there, as well as other support staff, Britney is a hip talented young women with the world at her feet. She wants the colours to be nice and bright to match her personality and wacky shapes.

She also requires a simple logo to be made as part of the brochure.

The text she wants included:

Right Click Download

Help

She had a few pictures taken but couldn't afford the photographers rates. Here's what she has provided you with to use for the brochure, only use these ones as they are royalty free, you don't have to use all of them, pick and choose which you feel are the best, the rest is up to your design abilities.

This will run for 1 & half weeks, after you have completed yours, please PM me with your entry, then next Wednesday we shall post up all the entries and have a SOTW style vote for which is best.

Anyone may enter as this is just a bit of fun, and to give a taste of what real design world jobs could be like. (Members,Mods)

HF GL

Hopefully a few people will take part

SPOILER: Click to view

Edited 6 times, last edited 25/7/11 - 1:47am.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
NZ
Rep:
56%
Sounds to me like someone wants their school assignment done for them.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
51%
Quote from BWz on the 24th of July 2011:
Sounds to me like someone wants their school assignment done for them.

lol no I don't go to school dude, just something I thought up the other night when thinking about things for cg different to sotw.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
NZ
Rep:
56%
Haha yeah I understand. That just looks exactly like the type of assignment schools or colleges would hand out.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
51%
Quote from BWz on the 24th of July 2011:
Haha yeah I understand. That just looks exactly like the type of assignment schools or colleges would hand out.

Yep, this was my thinking behind it, make something a bit different to the normal things graphic sites run
Downvote
6.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
48%
Sounds interesting! might find some keen designers take on the job.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
49%
Yehp im doing this

I've always wanted to do a poster comp or something like that,
Just wanted to make one for some reason =\
should do it next week ;)
Downvote
6.2 years ago
OP
GB
Rep:
51%
Would a week be enough for you guys?
Downvote
6.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
54%
1.5 weeks
Downvote
6.2 years ago
NZ
Rep:
69%
I would enter, but I have school.

But if I get time I'd do it, looks like fun tbh.
Downvote
6.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
48%
Can i just throw out a suggestion to everyone who's entering. Work hard on your text on there other wise there is absouotely no point in designing it. If you have InDesign get it, And if you don't have it already and you're planning on studying Graphic Design then get it, no questions, It is essential.

Zeddy if you need any help judging it whatever just P.M me
Downvote
6.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
49%
I dont think im entering sorry :'(

Just caught a mass sickness, and i can barely do anything on the computer.
ill see what goes down tomoz ><

Downvote
6.2 years ago
NZ
Rep:
53%
Geez nice idea zspider, is your missus running a salon and needing a brochure? Lol just kidding, but this could turn into a good thing and I think it would be good to help designers get an idea of the real world
Downvote
6.2 years ago