Rep:
54%
Shiiii. I love your style bro.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
54%
Also, has a second month been released? If so, link please.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
40%
Quote from Infamous. on the 18th of November 2011:
Also, has a second month been released? If so, link please.

Not yet
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
54%
Okay, thanks man.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
50%
@ Infamous not yet mate soon.

@ 0rgazmo yeah he is
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
53%
SKYPE NAO SLUT!

Quote from .Astro on the 18th of November 2011:
2 was obviously Asura's aha.
Shhhhhhh
Downvote
5.9 years ago
siv
AU
Rep:
53%
Wow, the best sig actually won for once. I am shocked.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
50%
I think it's funny that you had to congratulate yourself on a job well done... did you give yourself a pat on the back as well lol
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
30%
I find it a bit laughable that the people running the competition get to compete in it as well.
There's obviously a large skill gap between the mod team and the competitors, hence why they are graphics mods. In the future maybe try splitting the winners in the staff from the public by putting up 2 winners, highest staff and highest public.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
50%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Devintian on the 8th of December 2011:
I find it a bit laughable that the people running the competition get to compete in it as well.
There's obviously a large skill gap between the mod team and the competitors, hence why they are graphics mods. In the future maybe try splitting the winners in the staff from the public by putting up 2 winners, highest staff and highest public.
I can name plenty of people on this site who arent in the GFX team who are quite capable at winning, this competition is ment for designers of all skill levels to sharpen their skills and compete against others. However you do raise a fair point, If we get enough public entries I may run a staff only competition, for only the mods to make it fair If you will, but whats the point in competing if you don't compete against some of the best this site has to offer? Just saying.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
30%
Quote from Beasty on the 8th of December 2011:
I can name plenty of people on this site who arent in the GFX team who are quite capable at winning, this competition is ment for designers of all skill levels to sharpen their skills and compete against others. However you do raise a fair point, If we get enough public entries I may run a staff only competition, for only the mods to make it fair If you will, but whats the point in competing if you don't compete against some of the best this site has to offer? Just saying.

I don't really think it's necessary to run a completely separate competition, but maybe just instead of having a single winner for SOTM, you post up 2 names in the winner thread, highest rated staff signature, and highest rated public member signature, as you said people need some competition and inspiration, but at the moment the people who seem to be able to compete with staff, aren't submitting.

It's just that running a competition that rewards staff with premium, who already are staff of the actual CG forums puts an intimidating persona to SOTM, and may actually lose participation.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
50%
I don't really think it's necessary to run a completely separate competition, but maybe just instead of having a single winner for SOTM, you post up 2 names in the winner thread, highest rated staff signature, and highest rated public member signature, as you said people need some competition and inspiration, but at the moment the people who seem to be able to compete with staff, aren't submitting.

It's just that running a competition that rewards staff with premium, who already are staff of the actual CG forums puts an intimidating persona to SOTM, and may actually lose participation.
Fair point, Ill see if i can organize that for SOTM #3 as 2 will be posted up today. Thanks for the feedback.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
Asura. buried a post by Teemo~. Show
AU
Rep:
53%

Quote from Asura. on the 19th of November 2011:
Also you don't have to worry about staff entering, the only reason that happened last SOTM is because we had received insufficient entries for a public SOTM.
Downvote
5.9 years ago
AU
Rep:
30%
Quote from Asura. on the 8th of December 2011:

Quote from Asura. on the 19th of November 2011:
Also you don't have to worry about staff entering, the only reason that happened last SOTM is because we had received insufficient entries for a public SOTM.

Odd. Why would Beasty say it's a fair point twice and say he's going to see if it's available for SOTM #3 if staff weren't going to compete anyway? Didn't see your comment in the first place Asura, sorry.
Downvote
5.9 years ago