AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
OP
AU
Rep:
46%
For the passed few days I have been constantly getting disconnected from XBOX Live for some reason, I have e-mailed the XBOX support team just then about this. Anyways, I just hopped onto MW3 and I played a match online for about 5 minutes and I was disconnected once again, but it said i needed to be signed in and I couldnt connect because i have an error 1336? does anyone know what this is?
Downvote
5.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 2
cause you not quite 1337 bro
Downvote
5.8 years ago
NZ
Rep:
59%
Looking online, it seems as if it's a very common error code, however error 1336 on windows is a problem creating a file so maybe that has something to do with it.
Downvote
5.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
84%
type the code into google it should tell you the problem if not just ring up xbox live.
Downvote
5.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
52%
Quote from Smokey' on the 25th of July 2012:
cause you not quite 1337 bro
cbm tbh
Downvote
5.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
50%
your disks has problems
some of the files are no being read,

so xbx live , kicks you off thinking your a threat.

i suggest buy a new disk, or get a friends copy and install it,
than run It with you disk.
Downvote
5.8 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
46%
Quote from Deapthz on the 25th of July 2012:
your disks has problems

this is also happening to ANY game i play, and when i join an xbox live party, i wait around 5-10 mins and i then i cant connect to the party.
Downvote
5.8 years ago
AU
Rep:
50%
well see what the xbox support guys have to say,

if its not the disk, it could be your disk reader,
meaning getting a new console!!!
Quote from 'Seb on the 25th of July 2012:
Quote from Deapthz on the 25th of July 2012:
your disks has problems

this is also happening to ANY game i play, and when i join an xbox live party, i wait around 5-10 mins and i then i cant connect to the party.
Downvote
5.8 years ago
PH
Rep:
36%
I think you have isolated the problem yourself. If your games work/ brand new, it must be a console issue. looks like XBL servers are working fine. There are also no problems with online servers of CoD.
Downvote
5.7 years ago
US
Rep:
29%
Your discs and console are fine, those aren't the problem. It's most likely your Xbox's connection to their servers. Your NAT type is probably strict or moderate.
Open up your Xbox to the DMZ on your router (if you haven't already).
To do so is easy.
1:Open your internet browser and type in your router IP,which will most likely be 192.168.1.1
2.If it asks for a password enter "admin" without quotes and leave username field blank.
3.Go to the "Application and gaming" tab on top (this is the tab name Linksys uses that DMZ will be in, if you have a different router brand just search around the tabs for DMZ or google where to find it)
4. Just enter in your Xbox's IP address, Select Enable and then save settings.

If You need your Xbox's IP (which is easy), Go to your Xbox dashboard > Settings > System > Network Settings > Select the connection your Xbox uses > Configure Network; and where it says IP Address, remember the digits after the last Period. My Xbox IP is 192.168.1.138 so i would remember 138.

This opens up all the ports in your router to just the IP you've entered and makes a much shorter route to connecting to the servers. There's no security threat when you do this with your Xbox, but don't do this to any of your computer's IP addresses.
Downvote
5.7 years ago