AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
OP
AU
Rep:
27%
So the CS community right now is very big, I think it would be awesome to try and host a cs event in sydney. so would anyone like to do this or partner up with me to do it?
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
79%
easier said then done but aye go for it.
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
70%
@maror check ur inbox
Downvote
2.4 years ago
MC
AU
Rep:
79%
AU Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
Great initiative however I think you may be underestimating the amount of work and effort required in running CS events. However if you do run one I hope you are successful.
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
51%
I'm sure you can pull it off with some serious dedication, budgeting would be tight. That said, best of luck mate!
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AtK
AU
Rep:
60%
Downvote
2.4 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
27%
Would anyone help out if I ran a crowd funding?
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
61%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from maror on the 4th of July 2015:
Would anyone help out if I ran a crowd funding?
I think you would have much better chances with that if your posts sounded more professional, I mean it sounds a lot like you came up with the idea of hosting an event in Sydney about 20 seconds before making this thread. I'm sure you have the best of intentions and all that, but for all we know you could have made this thread on a whim. I don't mean to discourage you and if you can pull it off them that would be awesome, but I suspect I'm not the only one who currently thinks this idea will be forgotten very soon and nothing will ever come of it.
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
51%
Spot on by @Sparkssss
May I add that hosting an event as what I believe you to mean, would entail having some prizes (Such as at most LAN events). prizes require sponsors and sponsors require contacts, and unless you want to fork out prizes from your own money, which for you doesn't look overly promising, you will be running into some issues.

PS.
Tiny, shit sever hosts are always good 'sponsors'

Kappa
Downvote
2.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
25%
Quote from maror on the 3rd of July 2015:
So the CS community right now is very big, I think it would be awesome to try and host a cs event in sydney. so would anyone like to do this or partner up with me to do it?

It's possible and it's happening right now!

Check us out via our fb at
https://www.facebook.com/EpicDemicGaming/

Don't let them say you can't do it! Anything is possible

best of luck <3
~[RedCrayon]
Downvote
2.1 years ago