PC PS XBOX
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
Hi Overwatch players, I thought i'd make a quick post to let you guys know our plans for overwatch for the next few months.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came out to the finals on the weekend, it went very smoothly and we were happy with the turnout. Photos for the event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CyberGamerNetwork/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1457276411003968

For the future Overwatch on CG, we intend to add Overwatch to the next season of CGPL, which will start sometime in August and have LAN finals in late October, this will have a $10,000 prize pool.

In the mean time we'll be running weekly $180 overwatch tournaments and a monthly one with a larger prize pool. Hopefully this will help build the scene up a bit leading into CGPL.

Assuming CGPL goes well we'll likely have Overwatch be a regular game for it throughout the CGPL year.

The next weekly tournament is here:

http://au.cybergamer.com/tournaments/13669/

Thanks!
Downvote
5 months ago
pez
AU
Rep:
81%
PS COD Admin
PS Media Team
Heaps of success coming from Overwatch lately. Hopefully it keeps up.

Congrats
Downvote
5 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
Yeah i think with some consistent competitions it'll build up nicely. Hopefully having it a part of CGPL long-term will see more teams jump in.
Downvote
5 months ago
NZ
Rep:
70%
Unofficial filler game till Battalion 1944 drops. Have you been following the game development Asterix? It is right up your alley.

On topic: Great to see Overwatch on CG, I did enjoy the game. Definitely giving me thoughts on getting back into it for a while.

Edited once, 15/6/17 - 7:02pm.
Downvote
5 months ago
AU
Rep:
31%
So technically CGPL is not Blizzard sanctioned, right?
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
EU Site Admin
It'll probably run alongside the CGPL season with a similar name to the previous approved one.
Downvote
4 months ago