AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team

Hello Community.

Today I am pleased to announce that the BETA version of OceanicHub will launch after tonight's ESEA Premier Australian Finals. It has been an undergoing project of mine for the past month with its main goal to deliver the community the most accurate and up to date ladder of the Oceanic's top CS:GO teams. Releasing the BETA will allow me to analyse and adjust ranking calculations, receive feedback and input from the community.

Most of the FAQ's will be answered in the update section of the website, this contains questions like how the rankings are calculated, what events contribute etc. This can be accessed when the website goes live later in the evening. Though for other queries and to keep up to date, please join the discord server and give us a follow on Twitter - this will be greatly appreciated. I hope that you guys will find this website informative, enjoyable and allow me to expand the project further.

Lastly, whoever can guess the top 20 teams before launch, I'll give them $20. If a person is tied with one another, the person with the most accurate order will get it, hfhf. Must be following on twitter.

Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
65%
im the best player on the rankings right
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 4
wheres xtreme
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
73%
ahhh?!?! wtf xtreme not top 20?
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
76%
Good job where is my 20 bucks
Downvote
2 wks ago
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Quote from NeverForget on the 24th of November 2017:
Good job where is my 20 bucks
Left it in your mums bedroom, go have a look.
Downvote
2 wks ago
CA
Rep:
4%
Post Likes: 1
Very small text size on my 24'' monitor in rankings page
Use bootstrap to optimize it
Same small text in smartphone browser

Downvote
2 wks ago
NZ
Rep:
65%
tf i clicked the link and im on the wrong hub
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
73%
Carnage was 2nd in Main and Riotous was 3-4th.
Downvote
2 wks ago
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Quote from Spesh1R on the 25th of November 2017:

Sorry @Spesh1R , can you provide me the line up at the time for clarification purposes. I might have just got confused at the time of assigning placings because of all the recent roster and organisation changes that were made both within Control and Tyrant (similar rosters I believe) with one maintaining a core 3.
Downvote
2 wks ago
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Quote from hitmany on the 25th of November 2017:
Very small text size on my 24'' monitor in rankings page
Use bootstrap to optimize it
Same small text in smartphone browser
Thanks, will look into it in the future
Downvote
2 wks ago
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
Quote from burk on the 26th of November 2017:
Quote from Spesh1R on the 25th of November 2017:

Sorry @Spesh1R , can you provide me the line up at the time for clarification purposes. I might have just got confused at the time of assigning placings because of all the recent roster and organisation changes that were made both within Control and Tyrant (similar rosters I believe) with one maintaining a core 3.

You're correct, got the information from Riotous it was 3-4th they placed as Tyrant and you guys 2nd. Sorry will fix within the next update.
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
73%
AU Site Admin
how come lynx have 300 points from coming first in cgm? are points gained from other events/leagues/games not shown

Edit:

Also seems strange having masterminds above sin when you compare the placings of the two.

Downvote
2 wks ago
OP
AU
Rep:
79%
AU PC Content Team
@Turtl_ If you go to the update page there is some information regarding points and decay. In the new update coming there will be more information regarding points, tiers and how it all works.

Your question should be answered there regarding Masterminds and SIN but for the sake of it I'll answer it here. Obviously Masterminds are have more achievements under their belt meaning they have participated in more events over the past 4 months (which is what the current events are backlogged to, out of the 6 months). Another factor is point decay, obviously SIN have better placings though over time those points will reduce for that particular event - Masterminds recent placing (winning CGi - is the most recent event) having no points deducted for the first 2 months.

All the events from 4 months are in the system. You can only gain points if you place within a certain range which differs for each tier along with the amount of points distributed. Again all in the updates section.
Downvote
2 wks ago
AU
Rep:
73%
AU Site Admin
Quote from burk on the 26th of November 2017:
@Turtl_ If you go to the update page there is some information regarding points and decay. In the new update coming there will be more information regarding points, tiers and how it all works.

Your question should be answered there regarding Masterminds and SIN but for the sake of it I'll answer it here. Obviously Masterminds are have more achievements under their belt meaning they have participated in more events over the past 4 months (which is what the current events are backlogged to, out of the 6 months). Another factor is point decay, obviously SIN have better placings though over time those points will reduce for that particular event - Masterminds recent placing (winning CGi - is the most recent event) having no points deducted for the first 2 months.

All the events from 4 months are in the system. You can only gain points if you place within a certain range which differs for each tier along with the amount of points distributed. Again all in the updates section.

If them being on 300 points is correct in the system then i think the system needs changing, they have points from cgm alone and that puts them at 300 while lets say sin from the earlier example only have 700 yet they have come 5th in cgp, 2nd at aem 10th in eseap and 3rd-4th in iesf. The cgp placing alone should put them at double the points of the cgm results then you add the others i feel like it should be a lot higher. im not sure if you need to be giving more points to bigger events/leagues or reduce those given to lesser but it seems like there isnt enough of a difference in points between placing 5th in australia and placing 25th
Downvote
2 wks ago