AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 1
Hi, so I recently bought a new pc and I am having some crackling issues with my sound and buzzing noises when I open up games, apparently 'all' drivers are updated as the shop built it and I received it today, is there any settings I'm not selecting on windows 10? first time on this OS.

pc specs
i7-8700k
32gb corsair ram
1080ti aorus xtreme edition 11gb
aorus gaming 7 motherboard has gold fkn shniz for sound cmon
Thermaltake cpu cooler and psu.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
If it's only CS, I think it's your input in game.
It might be on quad stereo which causes a buzzing for me.
Just switch to stereo headphones in game and it should fix it.
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
Happens with youtube, cs, pubg so far
buzzing or screeching or micro stutters ? T_T hullllp
Downvote
4 months ago
kS.
AU
Rep:
79%
Quote from fakedaN on the 13th of December 2017:
Happened to me when I had my razer tiamat 7.1 but when I changed to cloud 2s it fixed. Might be headset?
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from kS. on the 13th of December 2017:
Happened to me when I had my razer tiamat 7.1 but when I changed to cloud 2s it fixed. Might be headset?

I have Razer inear hammerhead pro v2's and the my old pc had no problems at all, chucked new tower on table, hooked it up, and poopy sound
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Try a different pair of headphones first - if the sound is still cooked then it rules out the headphones

I've had issues in the past with new builds doing similar things; the later versions of the drivers had issues and installing an older one fixed it; these days Windows just downloads the latest available.
I've got the same motherboard series and generation just not the one you have; but I use a DAC not onboard sound; so i haven't tested it.

Remove the audio drivers - probably RealTek shit; from device manager "Sound, Video game and controllers"; try re-installing by right-clicking them when if it comes up as an unknown device and let it do its thing.
If thats no good - look up the specific version of the motherboard you have and download the drivers from their website (or get the model number of the audio chipset from the same page) and download them from the realtek website.

If that doesn't fix - either re-install Windows 10 or call up the computer shop and blame them
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/2549/aorus-z370-sounds-problem-realtek

Issues on your chipset. have a read of that (im at work)
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from jLILe on the 13th of December 2017:
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/2549/aorus-z370-sounds-problem-realtek

Issues on your chipset. have a read of that (im at work)

Thanks man, good to know I'm not the only one (sorry)
I rang the computer shop that built the computer and they said it sounds like a hardware problem, I'm just going to buy a 'vital zowie usb sound card'

entire pc built from centrecom, got motherboard elsewhere and they are blaming the board, how convenient
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
entire pc built from centrecom, got motherboard elsewhere and they are blaming the board, how convenient'

Classic move mate. I haven't used centrecom in years and won't be again. if thats the attitude they're giving.

You can get away with cheaper soundcards than that external Zowie one that'll provide just as good if not better audio if you're not opposed to opening the case and putting it in (just as easy if not easier than putting a graphics card in).

Good luck (and bad luck mate)
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
entire pc built from centrecom, got motherboard elsewhere and they are blaming the board, how convenient'

Classic move mate. I haven't used centrecom in years and won't be again. if thats the attitude they're giving.

You can get away with cheaper soundcards than that external Zowie one that'll provide just as good if not better audio if you're not opposed to opening the case and putting it in (just as easy if not easier than putting a graphics card in).

Do you think its a driver issue or hardware issue?
that thread tells me drivers/software, but the sound of my problem and what people are saying is its probs motherboard/onboard sound problem T_T
I will be trying all those methods tomorrow most likely, I doubt anything works lol.
Downvote
4 months ago
NZ
Rep:
75%
Is this the motherboard? https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10

Does the sound cracks/buzzing only occur when an application that uses sound open? for example, it would be fine at desktop but as soon as you play a video/audio it would occur?
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from HawK2g on the 13th of December 2017:
Is this the motherboard? https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10

Does the sound cracks/buzzing only occur when an application that uses sound open? for example, it would be fine at desktop but as soon as you play a video/audio it would occur?

That's the one, and yeah, don't hear anything just idling desktop, but open internet + youtube, cs, pubg. and then I hear crackles and buzzing's squealing's and pewp
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%

Do you think its a driver issue or hardware issue?
that thread tells me drivers/software, but the sound of my problem and what people are saying is its probs motherboard/onboard sound problem T_T
I will be trying all those methods tomorrow most likely, I doubt anything works lol.

It could be either or man, if it were me I'd try fiddling with the drivers and shit before I went and spent $$$ on a new soundcard. I havent had a chance to read the thread yet, if i get time later I will.

That being said buying a DAC/Soundcard was one of the best things I've ever done and I'll never be going back to onboard audio
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
64%
never go to centrecom, they hire trainees from Certificate III which are retarded. (IK because my tafe sends the retards there.
Downvote
4 months ago
NZ
Rep:
75%
This talked about similar issue you are having. Some fix the problem while others had no effect on it.
http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/775/gigabyte-aorus-z270x-gaming-problem
Downvote
4 months ago