CS:GO - OPERATION AQUARIUS

Thread started by garandhero on Monday, 10:31pm April 23rd with 5 replies. Views: 930

garandhero
Level: BRONZE

It's finished, glhf with it, thanks.

https://youtu.be/s6_b-bMEQow
Posted 10:31pm Apr 23rd 18
thrila-
Posted 10:42pm Apr 23rd 18
Whitto
problem is VACnet is being designed and "taught" to look for spin botters/ blatant cheaters and more specifically pick up patterns. So the problem is that now legit cheats are slipping through the cracks and I can't say for certain but my guess would be more cheaters are leaning toward legit cheating as opposed to rage cheats.
Posted 6:18pm Apr 26th 18
garandhero
I don't quite know what you mean by "legit cheating" and "rage cheats", please could you elaborate on that for me to respond appropriately? Thanks.

Anti-Cheat systems work in a variety of ways and I am no expert on how VAC functions, it's not relevant for me to know, in any event, as we know VAC is particularly ineffective. VAC doesn't seem to force pure client and really doesn't seem to be detecting processes that... let's say... corrupt the rendering process.

An important thing to note there is that, probably you know already btw, your system is rendering things through walls already but isn't displaying them, a wallhack will effectively bring things that are rendered but not visible into vision let's say. So that's a process that corrupts the running rendering processes of whichever engine you're on.

That said, a coder will actively code around any detection that Volvo is attempting through VAC, it's like anti-virus software; it needs to be constantly updated, maybe even daily in some cases where some fatnerd is tapping away behind his PC writing code all day.

I think it's important to recognize that, while Volvo have sucked at keeping cheaters out of their games; it's actually a massive amount of work for them to do so. The overwatch system is a beautiful solution to this as it doesn't force Valve to spend any man hours doing any coding, obviously then... the problem is that OVERWATCH is too, equally as ineffective as players, instead of coding around it... count reports around it.

I believe that yeah... fuck VAC, it will never be good. Improve overwatch though. As I said in the video... some element of randomness introduced will crush these bullshit faggotos and the cheat producers will, in time, go out of business or actually move on to greener pastures (pubg probably I hope or whatever?). Anyway, this is a larger discussion I plan on having over youtube in the short term as I said in this particular video; there's more to say and consider.

Thanks Whitto
Posted 9:28am Apr 27th 18
Whitto
legit cheating: small offsets, Bezier curve, aim smoothing, small amount of aim assistance
essentially closet cheating, trying to look legit as possible while gaining an advantage. Impossible to spot from a 32 tick demo unless the cheater uses the above with walls turned on or trigger bot.
rage cheats: spin bot, trigger bot. Basically cheating blatantly with the aim of killing players as soon as possible.

Watch this video: https://youtu.be/ObhK8lUfIlc
John explains exactly what VACnet is currently used for and how he intends on improving it.

The problem that has always existed is the cat and mouse game of cheats vs detection and previously that's all it's ever been. VAC is programmed to catch signatures, cheats get detected then they re-code their injectors and re-compile their cheats with a bunch of junk code and boom undetected for another year or in some cases 3 years+. I have never experimented with cheats but have watched a lot of guides online and read some forum posts by cheaters that explain how they surpass VAC. Basically trying to gain knowledge on what Valve have to face to actually catch cheaters that aren't entirely braindead.

Again though, improving overwatch is, in my opinion, not the solution we are looking for, at least not a solid long term solution. As I stated before cheaters will simply go from rage cheats to legitimate cheats to avoid bans.

I understand the mentality though, imagine joining a match and getting completely fucking annihilated by a player and realising that you could simply download some cheats for $5 and cheat on a $5 game. Hell there's websites out there offering mobile numbers for $2.50 so you can get prime access for fuck all....

Only hope is that VACnet improves to a level where it can detect these aimbots and how they opperate and actually single out cheaters from non cheaters who are just good players. I think it's possible but it's certainly a long way off.
Posted 3:55pm Apr 27th 18
garandhero
Interesting, thanks for your response and yeah just to make one note about what you said; I don't believe the overwatch system is the answer we are looking for, both VAC and overwatch functioning better would be very good.

I think this concept is still valid as a temporary measure to crush some kids through overwatch, as I said... a flush out. I know Volvo has done similar things in the past where they've made a sudden change and picked up a bunch of scrubs in so doing.
Posted 1:54am Apr 28th 18