AOC CGPL Winter 2018

Thread started by Cyanide. on Monday, 3:27pm April 30th with 96 replies. Views: 10,542

Cyanide.
Level: PLATINUM

Hey all,
Winter is just around the corner and is set to start in just a few weeks. We are excited to announce the AOC CGPL Winter series will end at Avcon between the 20th and 22nd July 2017.
We have a number of exciting changes coming up starting from winter with a few out of them mentioned below.

Now is the time to get your teams ready and to start warming up for what is sure to be a very exciting season.

Check back soon for full details on Relegations along with more details for the actual season.

Key Dates

Relegations - 7th - 14th May 2018
Week One - 20th May 2018
CGp Finals - Avcon, Adelaide 20th, 21st , 22nd July 2018

Entry Fees
CGo (Bronze) - Bronze ( free ) Subscription
CGa (Silver) - Silver Subscription - $14.95 per month per player
CGm (Gold) - Gold Subscription - $17.95 per month per player
CGi (Platinum) - Platinum Subscription - $19.95 per month per player
CGp (Platinum Pro) - Bronze (free ) subscription
[SPOILER=what are these subscriptions]
Premium is gone?
We are in the process of making the site easier to use, in doing so we want to make it easier for new users and old users to get going with entry fees.
To start with we are getting rid of "premium", premium was always an item in place to help support CyberGamer, we are instead moving to a model which allows teams to quickly identify what they require for the subscription on the tier in which they are playing. Members are allowed to buy a higher tier subscription, but require at least the tier to which they are playing in.

The new Subscriptions will be available soon.

Why do we have to pay more?
Under the new division subscriptions every one will be potentially paying less per game.

The current sub fees are being revised to make best efforts members to not pay more for a season than what they are now with entry fees. [/SPOILER]

Prize BreakDown
CGp ( Platinum Pro ) $15,000
Top 4 teams have access to $1000 Travel assistance + 6 Avcon 3 day passes per teams.
1st - 7500
2nd - 3500
3/4 - 2000

CGi ( Platinum) $3.500
1st - 1500
2nd - 1000
3/4 - 500

CGm (Gold) $1,800
1st - 800
2nd - 500
3/4 - 250

CGa ( Silver) $2,850
1st - 750
2nd - 600
3/4 - 350
5-8 - 200

Promotion / Relegation
Details will be provided in the next few days so keep your eyes open for updates.

CGPL Winter 2018 is brought to you by

AOC Gaming | Website | Facebook

AMD Gaming | Website | Twitter

}
Connect with Us
Discord - https://discord.gg/rqYWmYZ
Twitter - https://twitter.com/CyberGamerAUS
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/CyberGamerNetwork/
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/team/cybergamer
Posted 3:27pm Apr 30th 18 and edited 6:53pm May 15th 18
Omari-
Level: BRONZE
Posted 3:31pm Apr 30th 18
^FzR
Posted 3:47pm Apr 30th 18
Fiend-
Assuming a season is 3 months, and that you're removing the team's registration fee (which you actually haven't stated that you're doing, but I assume you are because you're claiming it's cheaper)

CG-M

Old price:
$41.85 x 5
$50

=$259.25

New price:

$59.85 x 5

=$299.25

This price increase only gets larger for CG-I. Great if you're in CG-P though I guess. I have no idea how you can genuinely try to sell this as "less per game" - lol.

Also, there's absolutely zero chance you're going to have finals done by the time you want to have promotion/relegation series. Probably not even by the time you want next season to start, if things continue the way they are going. This is what happens when it is randomly decided that the finals will be double elim rather than single elim, as it has been for as long as I can remember.
Posted 4:09pm Apr 30th 18 and edited 4:22pm Apr 30th 18
`sprint
LFT? Happy to play CGa whilst I get back into the game. Hit me up. Also, what's with this subscription fee? Things have changed D:
Posted 4:14pm Apr 30th 18
GazeN
N
T
I

C
H
E
A
T

P
L
E
A
S
E
Posted 4:23pm Apr 30th 18
Pears
Posted 4:27pm Apr 30th 18
in5aiyaN

Why do we have to pay more?
Under the new division subscriptions every one will be potentially paying less per game.

Quote from Cyanide. on the 30th of April 2018

Ill take this season as an example

Currently -

5 x Players February to mid May (by the time finals are compete being double elim??? this leaves only two weeks for 3-5 rounds of matches).

CGa - Unchanged

CGm

Old - 14.95 * 5 * 3.5 (months) + 50 = $311.63
New - 19.95 * 5 * 3.5 = $349.13

CGi

Old - 14.95 * 5 * 3.5 + 75 = $336.63
New - 23.95 * 5 * 3.5 = $419.13

CGp

Old - 14.95 * 5 * 3 + 100 = $324.25
New - $0

This doesn't take into account current discounts either or subs.

So should say benefits CGp to the detriment of CGm & i
Posted 4:31pm Apr 30th 18 and edited 4:56pm Apr 30th 18
MozzieAu
Level: GOLD
Posted 4:39pm Apr 30th 18
NeverForget
Posted 4:48pm Apr 30th 18
`sprint

This has to be a joke right? Rofl

Quote from MozzieAu on the 30th of April 2018

As someone who has gotten back into the scene, can you please explain what the uproar is all about?
Posted 4:54pm Apr 30th 18
MozzieAu
Level: GOLD

Quote from `sprint on the 30th of April 2018

As someone who has gotten back into the scene, can you please explain what the uproar is all about?

Read fiends post and you will understand
Posted 4:55pm Apr 30th 18
Fiend-

CG couldn't give a fuck about anything that's not CG-P, even though the 90% of us that are not in that league pay for the entire website (Look at this post, Cyanide has NO clue about what's happening in cg-a/m/i, and thought the finals were concluded because CG-P had their lan finals weeks ago).

We can barely contact an admin to fix server problems, let alone actually administrate the league, and now they want to charge us more money.
Posted 4:56pm Apr 30th 18
`sprint

Quote from Fiend- on the 30th of April 2018

CG couldn't give a fuck about anything that's not CG-P, even though the 90% of us that are not in that league pay for the entire website (Look at this post, Cyanide has NO clue about what's happening in cg-a/m/i, and thought the finals were concluded because CG-P had their lan finals weeks ago).

We can barely contact an admin to fix server problems, let alone actually administrate the league, and now they want to charge us more money.

Used to be quite the circlejerk years ago and it seems as though nothing has changed. Interested to see what CG has to say about this.
Posted 4:58pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.
Level: PLATINUM
If there is a question, please ask it. All the maths that you guys are doing is based on not sure what, I can see from the look of it a lot of assumptions are being made. A season is 7 weeks ( and finals are after that) , yet some of the calculations in which you are trying to do are for up to 14 weeks.

There is no way we want or aim to have the price increase. The "entry" fee CGm and I pay should just be absorbed into the subscription fee.

Everything about lengths / finals has no been posted yet. A season will NOT go for 3.5 months, if it does its our responsibility to ensure it stays on schedule.
Posted 4:59pm Apr 30th 18