AOC CGPL Winter 2018 - Page: 2

Thread started by Cyanide. on Monday, 3:27pm April 30th with 96 replies. Views: 10,732

in5aiyaN
Level: BRONZE

If there is a question, please ask it. All the maths that you guys are doing is based on not sure what, I can see from the look of it a lot of assumptions are being made. A season is 7 weeks ( and finals are after that) , yet some of the calculations in which you are trying to do are for up to 14 weeks.

Quote from Cyanide. on the 30th of April 2018

Well this season started really early Feb, last group matches played 2nd week of April and final matches have at least 2 weeks remaining (at best).
Posted 5:02pm Apr 30th 18
Fiend-

If there is a question, please ask it. All the maths that you guys are doing is based on not sure what, I can see from the look of it a lot of assumptions are being made. A season is 7 weeks ( and finals are after that) , yet some of the calculations in which you are trying to do are for up to 14 weeks.

First week of CG-M was played February 3rd as can be seen here:

https://www.cybergamer.com/team/249168/DBP-eSports/

The date is now April 30th, and finals are at least 3 weeks away from being completed.

Are you claiming that we don't have to pay premium for finals?

Yeah dude, 7 weeks.
Posted 5:02pm Apr 30th 18 and edited 5:22pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.
Level: PLATINUM
Im not talking about this season, Clearly this is some improvement to make on Autumn and it will be addressed.
Posted 5:04pm Apr 30th 18
Fiend-

Im not talking about this season, Clearly this is some improvement to make on Autumn and it will be addressed.

Could you show me a single season in the past 10 years of cybergamer that has run under 11 weeks?
Posted 5:05pm Apr 30th 18
Pears
CGa had a 7 [?] week season and finals got delayed for like 2/3 weeks. You can easily see where people are getting that 14 week figure from.
Posted 5:05pm Apr 30th 18
Cheeseball
Level: SILVER
Do teams need subscriptions to play relegations?
Posted 5:07pm Apr 30th 18
rohan1
Will happily pay a higher price to compete on CG and I'm okay with my fees feeding into better infrastructure and prizes for better players.

As soon as more admins are added and they become remotely efficient at dealing with tickets and reports
Posted 5:08pm Apr 30th 18
Pears
What type of subscription do you need to play in Wednesday big ones?
Posted 5:08pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.
I have stated this needs to be improved / fixed and I will address it.
Posted 5:10pm Apr 30th 18
in5aiyaN

So rather than having a fixed entry fee (based on a 7 week season) you want to increase a subscription fee that is required monthly through finals? Which when things dont go to schedule costs the players? If you guys need to up fees for revenue at least be open with it.
Posted 5:10pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.

What type of subscription do you need to play in Wednesday big ones?

Quote from Pears on the 30th of April 2018

None unless it will be a Silver tournament, which is something hardly discussed at this point in time.

At this stage none.
Posted 5:11pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.

As soon as more admins are added and they become remotely efficient at dealing with tickets and reports

Quote from rohan1 on the 30th of April 2018

We are adding some more admins on as we speak to help deliver better service.
Posted 5:13pm Apr 30th 18
Cyanide.

So rather than having a fixed entry fee (based on a 7 week season) you want to increase a subscription fee that is required monthly through finals? Which when things dont go to schedule costs the players? If you guys need to up fees for revenue at least be open with it.

Quote from in5aiyaN on the 30th of April 2018

This doesn't give any more money to CG, if a season runs behind it can prevent the next season starting on time.

I will personally ensure next season does not run over.
Posted 5:15pm Apr 30th 18
Fiend-
Actually the more I think about it, you need 16 or even 20 weeks of premium.

1) You need premium for every promotion/relegation series

2) You can only buy premium monthly, not weekly

All those cheeky bye weeks, and people failing to complete matches/schedule on time, as soon as it ticks over 12 weeks, you have to pay for 16 weeks.

If you're going to fuck us Cyanide, at least have the respect to do it from the front.
Posted 5:19pm Apr 30th 18
ErZ
I feel that the dates for this upcoming season don't give cybergamer enough time to address the issues that plagued this season such as no form of anticheat (even a panel), terrible admin to player communication, server issues, and unacceptable ticket response times. We will almost certainly get a repeat of the shit show that this season was.
Posted 5:21pm Apr 30th 18