AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
OP
NZ
Rep:
57%
[img]http://img.nzgn.co.nz/images/aucklan2ba.jpg[/img]
After the success and fun of the first one and due to the fact I gave out free entry to a future AuckLAN as prizes at AuckLAN 1, I have decided to do it once more. So without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce AuckLAN #2 (2011) which will be held at the EchoLAN LAN Studio. This will be the second and final AuckLAN so don't miss out!

Dates/times: Friday June 17th @ 7pm - Sunday June 19th @ 1pm

Capacity: 28 (plus admins)

AuckLAN is R18 due to being BYO drinks. Anyone under 18 will be denied entry regardless of whether they've prepaid.

Ticket pricing:
* nzGN entry - $15 (nzGN members as specified by yourself)
* Public entry - $25 (all other attendees from the public)
* Door sales - $30 (or $20 if an nzGN member)

We will be running 2 tournaments:
* FPS marathon consisting of CounterStrike Source, Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Please note: the FPS marathon will be a one-off and kept separate from the ongoing FPS marathon Ladder held at normal EchoLANs. Signups upon arrival at the LAN.
* Day of Defeat Source tournament. Team size and format to be decided based on sign ups. Signups upon arrival at the LAN.

There will be a prize for the winner of the FPS marathon and slightly smaller prizes for each member in the winning DOD:S tournament team.

Schedule is as follows:
Friday:
7pm doors open
Casual gaming
8:30pm FPS marathon starts - CSS gungame pug
10:00pm FPS marathon - Team Fortress 2 pug

Saturday:
12:00pm FPS marathon - Call of Duty 4 pug
2:00pm DOD:S tournament (round robin) team size to be decided based on signups followed by a prizegiving

Sunday:
1:00pm LAN ends, venue closes.

nzGN members and earliest prepays will get preference if sales get close to capacity.

AuckLAN is NOT invite-only, it IS open to the public but bear in mind it is run by nzGN for nzGN so our games, schedule, etc.. will be with nzGN in mind.

register/prepay at www.echolan.co.nz

Any questions, feel free to ask
Me - (Steam username = InfaHoss), theinfamoushoss@hotmail.com, 0274253346 or head on over to www.nzgn.co.nz
Sambridg and/or whitebob (EchoLAN founders/Head Admins) - add them in Steam through my profile or head on over to www.echolan.co.nz
Downvote
6.5 years ago
AU
Rep:
47%
Only if I stilled live in Auckland!
Downvote
6.5 years ago
NZ
Rep:
68%
MIGHT be keen for this
Downvote
6.5 years ago
OP
NZ
Rep:
57%
nzGN in association with EchoLAN and sponsored by Rangitoto IT proudly announce our tournaments for the second and final upcoming AuckLAN 2!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournaments:
* 4v4 DOD:S competition. We're currently looking at 2 teams of 4 on a round robin basis (i.e. a best of 3 or 5 series) but there may still be more registrations to come so that could become more teams or a 5v5 scenario. Teams will be formed at random at the event.

* FPS Marathon. This would follow our usual format of all-vs-all/Deathmatch style spread across 3 FPS games. The best player over a combination of all 3 games Note: DOD:S will not be one of the games due it being in the other tournament, the games will most likely be CSS, COD4, TF2 and/or UT3.

We are aiming for either one of the FPS marathon games or the first game of the DOD:S round robin to kick off on the Friday night around 8:30/9ish once everyone has settled in. The rest of the games will be aimed for midday through to evening on the Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prizes:
* nzGN are proudly providing each member of the winning DOD:S team with a retail copy of a popular recent game. These are brand new, full RRP games. They are all different so the winning team will have to decide amongst them who gets what.
[img]http://img.nzgn.co.nz/images/nzgnbcviv.jpg[/img]

* Rangitoto IT are coming to the party too providing a 500GB 2.5" external USB Hard Drive to the winner of the FPS Marathon. There may well be a runner-up prize floating around too...
[img]http://img.nzgn.co.nz/images/rangitotoi.jpg[/img]

On top of all of that, there may be spot-prizes, a bbq and there will certainly be a fun party atmosphere. We are hoping for plenty of drinking, some music and a good festive environment. Get signed up, prepaid and get ya mates along for the last LAN at the EchoLAN studio and the last nzGN AuckLAN! With just 2 weeks to go, get in fast! Look forward to seeing you all there!
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
lol dod source at a LAN
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
34%
Coldplay, you must be the most miserable bastard in this community.
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
60%
Can't blame him for calling it like it is.
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
34%
Oh no, of course not.

Still a miserable bastard though.
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
Game is dead
you get cut when I tell you

I would say you are miserable that your holding onto a dead game.
Downvote
6.4 years ago
OP
NZ
Rep:
57%
yeah, I wouldn't actually expect a full-scale LAN with an actual competitive DOD:S tournament in New Zealand. I'm not so stupid as to believe that's possible (having actually attempted one with plenty of notice on a bigger scale back when DOD:S was actually pumping).

For those wondering, this is a fairly small-scale LAN where most people will know each other. I only really posted it in these forums to extend the invitation. If you're loooking for a COMPETITIVE DOD:S LAN tournament, this ISN'T the right LAN for you. If you're looking for a late, boozy and fun DOD:S tournament then this probably IS the LAN for you!

FYI: you'd be denied entry regardless shitfront. Although I hear you dodge LANs anyway..
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
34%
Quote from Coldplay on the 3rd of June 2011:
Game is dead
you get cut when I tell you

I would say you are miserable that your holding onto a dead game.

As I asked, wanna bum?

ITT: He mad because I play dods.
Downvote
6.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
nah good lan
Downvote
6.4 years ago
OP
NZ