CSGO Silver Feedback - Page: 4

Thread started by Asterix on Tuesday, 2:54pm June 12th with 62 replies. Views: 5,275

BoLTz
Level: BRONZE

So are we going to have to touch base on the structure of the finals @asterix or is there not going to be any changes made? I want to gauge the community on wether or not it's ideal to play over two sundays or have the finals played out as per previous seasons where teams can schedule their own games. If they fail to schedule within the allocated time they then forfeit. It's fair and it will ensure that there is no prolonging the finals. I think this is a good compromise between those who can dedicate two sundays back to back and to those who cannot. Thoughts?

Quote from `sprint on the 11th of July 2018
Posted 8:45am Jul 11th 18
Asterix
Level: PLATINUM

So are we going to have to touch base on the structure of the finals @asterix or is there not going to be any changes made? I want to gauge the community on wether or not it's ideal to play over two sundays or have the finals played out as per previous seasons where teams can schedule their own games. If they fail to schedule within the allocated time they then forfeit. It's fair and it will ensure that there is no prolonging the finals. I think this is a good compromise between those who can dedicate two sundays back to back and to those who cannot. Thoughts?

From a technical stand-point, you will all be entered into finals immediately and have the ability to play at your own convenience. If you fail to do so you'll end up being forced to play on the Sunday etc.

You'll need to check with the CSGO admins, but I assume this will be fine.

Thanks
Posted 3:29pm Jul 11th 18
`sprint

Quote from Asterix on the 11th of July 2018
From a technical stand-point, you will all be entered into finals immediately and have the ability to play at your own convenience. If you fail to do so you'll end up being forced to play on the Sunday etc.

You'll need to check with the CSGO admins, but I assume this will be fine.

Thanks

Noted, I think this will please pretty much everyone. Won't really affect any teams who can only play on Sundays and can potentially speed up the rounds going forward. Appreciate the response.
Posted 3:58pm Jul 11th 18
Uncene
Level: SILVER
- better scheduling
- more efficient

Cons:
- demos arent working, which makes it very annoying and hard to review mistakes.
- 1400 elo barrier doesnt make sense to me, and has led to 5 teams being in the top 16 just because they have had an easy run (losing at the start and suffered no consequence and then farming easy teams).
Posted 9:19pm Jul 11th 18
fullcreamy
Posted 9:34pm Jul 11th 18
NoS-
Everything is perfect, would be much better if the elo limit was 1300 instead of 1400, 1400 is a joke.
Posted 9:48pm Jul 11th 18
CrimZM
Maybe servers that dont crash every 2 games would be nice
Posted 10:35pm Jul 11th 18
kzr
teams who forfeit strategically/teams gaining forfeit wins close to finals
Posted 11:15pm Jul 11th 18
DreaMj

teams gaining forfeit wins close to finals

Quote from kzr on the 11th of July 2018
Free elo in general is the problem. It makes no difference if a team gets elo in the first week of the season or the last.
Posted 11:59pm Jul 11th 18
kzr

teams gaining forfeit wins close to finals

Quote from DreaMj on the 11th of July 2018
Free elo in general is the problem. It makes no difference if a team gets elo in the first week of the season or the last.

Quote from kzr on the 11th of July 2018

It does make a difference towards the end of the season when teams are given a free win due to opponents giving up as theirs no chance to secure themselves a spot into top16.
Posted 12:17am Jul 12th 18
-JAK
will all games that are scheduled after the 14th be played?
Posted 3:30am Jul 12th 18
magidog

Everything is perfect, would be much better if the elo limit was 1300 instead of 1400, 1400 is a joke.

Quote from NoS- on the 11th of July 2018
Yeah I said this last night as well, we should start 100 above the elo limit, that way when a shit team loses 3 games at the start they dont just verse shit teams for 7 wins in a row and make finals
Posted 11:07am Jul 12th 18
Craftyy-
I like this idea however it still doesnt resolve the issue where teams will just rejoin before roster locks to get their 1400 elo back.
Maybe if you join in the first week you start on 1400 elo, but after that you will start on 1300?

edit: or building on my own idea, have a 'signup period' pre season before matches begin, where you start with 1400 elo, however if you join during the season you start on 1300.
Posted 11:00pm Jul 14th 18
panthA
We could also have a reasonable amount of time to sign up before season start and not allow late rego's for 6 weeks of a 12 week comp.
Posted 11:51pm Jul 14th 18
wagga

I like this idea however it still doesnt resolve the issue where teams will just rejoin before roster locks to get their 1400 elo back.
Maybe if you join in the first week you start on 1400 elo, but after that you will start on 1300?

edit: or building on my own idea, have a 'signup period' pre season before matches begin, where you start with 1400 elo, however if you join during the season you start on 1300.

Quote from Craftyy- on the 14th of July 2018
Posted 12:06am Jul 15th 18